Friday, June 26, 2015

A Heart's Betrayal, it's the most painful kind

The first set of this series was amazing, full of Colleen Coble’s signatures strewn through the book. Where the other one was fast paced and left little time to see what could happen next this one gives time for the dread and fear to creep up on you, as it did poor Emmie.




Affection can be blinding when you don’t know what love really looks like, and that is just what happened to Emmie when she married her husband. She never could have imagined what he kept hidden behind closed doors. I know first hand how secrets can be soul crushing when you’re the last one to find out, and how it can taint your view of the world.

It was surprisingly easy to relate to Emmie. She went through what many women have suffered in recent times, loving the wrong man. But though she has matured from this experience God will use her pain for something good.

“”For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”  Jeremiah 29:11 NLT

I did find this book set at a much more steady pace then the first three, giving the characters time to develop, and making the reading experience more enjoyable. Only problem is now I have to wait for book five and six! Which will be torture cause I wanna find out what happens to Emmie and Issac!

And this book was filled with one twist I did not see coming at all, nor even expected. It was like being hit over the head with a curve ball, and I couldn’t believe it! Through it just made the story even better!

I give this book two thumbs way up, and cannot wait to get my hands on A Heart’s Promise.


Until next time folks I hope you have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment