Tuesday, July 12, 2016

To Love a Stranger

Colleen Coble returns with one of her older works and again leaves me wanting more.





I have been looking forward to this new set of books for months, and “To Love a Stranger” was no disappointment! Though I am reading book 2 instead of book 1, but I don’t care, that’s how good this book is.

Bessie is a boston girl, and little too late she learns that her younger sister has not only been pretending to be her but she has also signed her name onto a proxy marriage. Bessie has no idea what this stranger is like, but to save her sister from prison and to salvage her integrity Bessie chooses to honor the vows.

Jasper is expecting a dark haired beauty who craves adventure, but what he meets at the stagecoach is nothing like what was in the letters he exchanged or the picture he received. Instead he is saddled with a plain and frail looking woman. After having the situation explained to him Jasper feels duped. Who can blame him? He doesn’t believe Bessie’s claims to having no idea about her sister’s deception. Making a very rocky start to the relationship.

Bessie is determined to prove herself to Jasper, that she can make a better wife then her sister Lenore. I really related to the character Bessie. When you have siblings there is always the shadow of doubt lingering over you “Do they like you better then me?” “Will I ever be loved for me, or will it always choose my sister?”

I have to say that this really is my favorite Colleen Coble book, and I don’t think any other will take it’s place. I relate to Bessie very well, and Jasper too honestly. And seeing old characters warmed my heart.

That’s all for now folks, I’m gonna go read this book again, so until next time I hope you have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment