Thursday, November 28, 2013

We don't have to be Strangers

"Wonderland has grown stranger. I'm stranger, you're stranger, together we are strangers" Cheshire cat from once upon a time in Wonderland

These were words from this wickedly grinning cat  were to tell a young woman who, as a child, had been friends with the grinning cat. But with years between them both changed, some for the worse. Such was the case with the Cheshire cat.



While watching this episode I began to think just how much the Cheshire's words rang true. When we let too much time grow between us and our friends, our family, even our spouses, we become strangers to each one another. We are meant to show love to one another, not with just our words but with our actions. So this thanksgiving give a call to a friend you haven't talked to in a long time, listen out for those who silently pleading out for taste of love, release any former arguments that are stuck in your head and in turn show love. Sometimes this can be hard, trust me I know. 
There have been so many arguments with my sisters and my parents that I can't keep count, and for a very long time I harbored those hateful words in my heart for a very long time. But I released those hurt feelings and angry words, and He threw them far away, where they'll never be found. I think we all sometimes hold onto hurt, I know when I get into an argument memories will come up and I want to say something about it, but then I feel God's hand touch my heart and suddenly those nasty words are gone, and I feel a great peace. My friends have even noticed the changes in me since I came to Christ, and I have to say it feels great! I've still got a long way to go, but if it's enough for other's to notice then God is really working some miracles in me!

"Dear children, let us not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions" 1 John 3:18






I wish you all a happy thanksgiving and I hope this will encourage not only to give a little love to someone who needs it, but to turn them to the ultimate source of love; our savior Jesus Christ.









No comments:

Post a Comment