Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Eyes Wide Open

"As reason clouds my eyes, splendors fading. Illusions of the sunlight. And the reflection of a lie will keep me waiting." Shattered by trading yesterday.

Just last night I finished Duchess and the Dragon by Jamie Carie, it took me less the twenty-four hours to finish this 300 plus paged book, and it was an eye opener, all of her books are honestly eye openers. The book was about what our choices will do, how they ripple out and effect the people we love most, and about walking into the unknown and putting our trust in God to lead us through the darkest of times.

For a long time I didn't understand what it meant to lose innocence, the story of Adam and Eve eating the fruit didn't click. I understood they disobeyed God's command, but what had the knowledge done to them? Why did it change them so much? Duchess and the Dragon shows that with it heroine, how knowledge and stripe away the innocence in one's heart, and how it can change you. By putting her faith in God she became stronger because of it.



"And I've lost who I am, and I can't understand why my heart is so broken, rejecting your love. Without love gone wrong, lifeless words carry on. But I know, all I know, is that the end's beginning. Who I am from the start, take me home to my heart, let me go and I will run, I will not be silenced. All this time spend in vein, wasted years, wasted gain. All is lost, hope remains, and this war's not over. There's a light, there's a sun, taking all shattered ones to the place we belong and His love will conquer all" Shattered by Trading yesterday

After that book I began looking back at my own life, had I let God make me stronger with this new knowledge? Or had I piled it all on my back, or stuffed it in a bottle? Unfortunately I did that ladder.

"For the word of the LORD holds true, and everything He does is worthy of our trust" Psalm 33:4

It seems so hard sometimes to trust something you cannot see, but I've learned in recent months that God can be heard, He can be felt, He is in all of us and in everything we do. My best friend's mother gave me a book, Jesus Today by Sarah Young, not only was the gesture heart warming but as I read the pages of the inspiring devotional I felt my connection to God growing stronger, I felt my heart melt, my eyes open a little more to the wonder of our glorious God and how he worked through this woman to help spread His word. I am so grateful she shared this book with me, and I am grateful to God for how much he has blessed me by letting me get to know this wonderful and amazing family whom I have no idea how I could have gotten on without. They helped me come back to Him. He worked through them, giving their hearts the right things to say and the right actions to take so that I might come back to Him. This year at thanksgiving I will be with the Lord for the first time in a long time, my heart will be so full I won't know what to do with myself!

I hope everyone can feel this way and that I will continue to have this in my heart for the rest of my life

Happy holidays and TTFN (ta ta for now)

No comments:

Post a Comment