Tuesday, August 18, 2015

We're going on a Trial Run

Time is almost in the eye of the beholder, and for everyone all over the earth it means something a little different. In Trial Run we get a new look at time and what it could mean for so many.



This isn't my normal choice for a book, but trust me if you had read the description for it you'd find yourself hard pressed not to pick it.

Two teams are after the same thing, controlling out of body experience and defying time itself, but for two very different reasons. Reese, a member of U.S. government wants her program to succeed to gain secrets and power. Gabriella and her team wish to find truth about out of body experiences and what it could mean for man kind to control them.

I wasn’t exactly sure what to make of this book, it honestly seemed too much like a book for science geeks then for a romantic like myself, but I was happily surprised to find out I was very much wrong.

Love is not excluded from this book of action and mystery. Gabriella has someone pinning for her, wishing to show her a love she has never known, but things get complicated from the very start and for the poor guy is seems almost hopeless, but he still doesn’t give up on her. Trent, our grad student thrown into the maelstrom of our story is brought together with a young woman named Shane, and though she is weary of his intentions they become business partners and find a more then just mutual friendship is growing between them.

Reese Clawson is not your typical fictional villain. Most are cold and give no regard to human life whatsoever. Reese is different. Thomas Locke has created a character I am unsure what to do with. She is still the bad guy, and what she is doing is wrong, but I see these glimpses of humanity in her and I have to wonder what Tomas has planned for her. It is so very hard to say, but even if the rest of the book had not held my interest I would have kept reading just to see what happened to Reese and her team.

Luckily for all you readers out there the book in its entirety was amazing. I did wonder where the Christianity was in this book, but the pieces fell into place (sort of) near the end of the book, and I am hoping book 2 will reveal more to us readers.

If you enjoy a well balance between Romance, action, and mystery then I suggest picking up Trial run and buckling yourself in for one wild ride.


Until next time folks I hope you have a blessed day!

I received this book an exchange for an honest review, which I have given

No comments:

Post a Comment