Monday, September 15, 2014

A review for a witty and charming book


hello everyone, its time for another review, and this one if for a Match of wits by Jen Turano!

now when I requested this book I wasnt sure what to expect. The overview did little justice for this treasure of a book.

The story starts out in a rather humorous....with a pig ready to charge at our main character, Agatha. And this takes place in a hotel, mind you.

This scene had to be the best throughout the book, I didn't see it coming, and I actually thought the book was going to be boring, I was sooo wrong! I guess I should remember this verse next time

"look beneath the surface, so you can judge correctly" John 7:24

Now for our male lead, Zayne (I love that name) he had a pretty bumpy start in this story, nor did he make the greatest impression upon seeing Agatha for first time in years, but the man had a lot still left on his shoulder, and he had given up on his faith in God, feeling he had been abandonded by Him. The book had the right balance of humor, love, and all wrapped up in some rather odd situations.

There are quite a few characters I would love to see made into books, such as Mary and her sisters and Mr. Blackheart and Drusilla. I would be so happy to see more books to this series, but sadly I believe this was the last book. Oh well, I plan to read the others as soon as I can get my hands on them

No comments:

Post a Comment